Cat eye nails have an amazing out-of-this-world appearance with their starry celestial yet sleek and modern vibe.
Now a lot of you might be thinking that creating this nail art is gonna be extremely tedious and complex but it’s super easy to DIY at home.
So in this article I am gonna share with you;
- How to easily DIY cat eye nails at home
- Some of the best magnetic nail polishes to use to create them
- And also answer some of the most asked-about questions related to
What is Cat Eye Nails
Cat Eye Nails got its name because the design can look like the appearance of a cat eye since it has areas that shimmer or glitter and areas that are plain usually a very dark color.
How Does Cat Eye Magnetic Nail Polish Work
Cat eye nails are created by using a magnetic nail polish that contains small magnetic particles that shimmer. These particles can then be moved around by a magnetic tool to create different designs.
How to DIY Cat Eye Nails at Home
- Firstly, prep your nails by pushing back your cuticles, filing them, and then wiping them clean with rubbing alcohol.
- Next, apply a very dark-colored polish – dark colors tend to allow the magnetic polish to show more but you can use any color.
- Then apply the magnetic polish to your nails
- Now use the magnetic tool to create the design that you want – check the video below for some great ideas.
- Finally, once you are satisfied with the design you then need to cure it if it’s a gel and then apply a top coat.
Video of How to DIY Cat Eye Nails with Magnetic Nail Polish
Best Magnetic Cat Eye Nail Polish
1- Morovan Cat-Eye Gel Nail Polish
Morovan Cat Eye Gel Polishes are affordable yet easy to use and they create brilliant designs.
And because of their affordability, I highly recommend them if you now trying magnetic nail polishes for the first time.
Now Morovan magnetic polishes are gel polishes meaning you will need to cure them with a UV Led Lamp.
You can click here to see the current price on Amazon for the Morovan kit that contains 6 colors and a magnetic tool with a UV lamp and other essentials that you will need.
2- Born Pretty Magnetic Polish
Born Pretty has a wide array of different colors of magnetic polishes to choose from.
What I like about them is that they have both gel magnetic nail polish meaning you will need to use a UV Led Lamp to cure them. And they also have regular magnetic nail polish meaning that they dry naturally.
Magnetic gel polishes tend to be more durable and since they only cure when exposed to the UV lamp allows you to take your time to design them.
But the advantage that Regular Magnetic Polishes have is that you don’t need a UV lamp to cure them.
Where to Get Born Pretty Magnetic Nail Polish
You can click here to see the price for a Born Pretty Kit of magnetic nail polish on Amazon. – It contains 3 cat eye colors, a black polish, and the magnetic tool
Or you can get their gel magnetic polish, click here to see the price for a lovely rainbow-colored cat eye nail polish.
3- Modelones Cat Nail Polish
Modelones also has some great magnetic gel polish. I particularly like their Christmas edition one.
Some other great types of polishes that you might like are:
FAQ Magnetic Cat Eye Nail Polish
How do you remove magnetic cat eye nail polish
If the magnetic nail polish is a regular nail polish you can just remove them with acetone or a non-acetone nail polish remover.
But if the magnetic nail polish is a gel polish you will need to:
- First file off the hard gel top coat using a nail file
- Next, soak a cotton pad in acetone and then wrap them around the nails and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Now use a cuticle pusher to scrape off the magnetic gel polish,
- Finally, wipe the nails clean with acetone.
Is magnetic nail polish safe?
Magnetic nail polishes once use as directed on your nails are completely safe. The magnetic tool is not strong enough to affect you in any way.
Does cat eye polish have metal in it
The tiny particles that glitter in the cat eye polishes are metallic. This is why the particles can be manipulated by the magnetic tool since they are metal-based.
Can I use a regular magnet for cat eye or magnetic polish?
You can try using a regular magnetic with cat eye nail polish. But how effective it is will depend on how strong the magnet is.
The magnetic nail tool that comes with magnetic cat eye nail polish is made strong enough to work with the polish.
How long Will Magnetic Cat Eye Nails Last
If you use gel magnetic nail polish your nails will last 2-3 weeks. But if you use regular magnetic nail polish your nails should last 6-7 days.