Making your nails glow in the dark is easier than you think. You see with the right nail polish you can easily make your nails look amazing when the lights are out.
So in this article, I am gonna share with you the best nail polishes to make your nails glow safely in dark.
The Best and Safest Glow in the Dark Nail Polishes are:
- Vrenmol – An affordable & easy to use glow in dark gel polish
- Saviland Glow in the Dark Polygel – Ideal if you want to make nail extensions that glow in the dark
- Splashes & Spills – Only glows under a UV Lamp – ideal to wear to clubs
- Three Cheers Glow in the Dark Polish – Ideal for kids or if you don’t have a UV Led Nail Lamp
- Big T Ranch – (A great top coat glow in the dark polish)
1- Vrenmol Glow in the Dark Gel Polish
Vrenmol is currently the brand of glow in the dark nail polishes that I use and recommend.
They are natural glow in the dark nail polishes meaning they would naturally light up in the dark without the need for a black light to glow.
Advantages of Vrenmol
1- Durable & Long Lasting
Vrenmol Gel Nail Polishes are very durable and should last for up 2 to 3 weeks, once properly cared for.
How Long Does Glow in the Dark Polish Glow For
Glow in the Dark Gel Polishes can glow for 15 minutes to 1 hour. But how long they can light up in the dark would depend on: the length of time they were exposed to a UV light source and the brightness of that light.
The longer the polishes were exposed to a UV light source such as sunlight or a UV lamp the more the polishes would get to charge up allowing them to glow for a longer period of time.
If your nail polishes stop glowing just expose it to sunlight or a UV lamp to charge it up again.
2- Wide Variety of Color that Looks Good During the Day
Currently, Vrenmol has the most variety of colors available for glow in the dark nail polishes.
Now, one of the problems with most glow in the dark polishes is that they don’t look so impressive during the day.
But the great thing about Vrenmol is that they have an amazingly bright and smooth color both during the night and day.
3- Affordable & Very Popular
These polishes are a great value and they come in various affordable packages with each having different colors available.
Vrenmol polishes are one of the most widely used brands of glow in the dark nail polishes. So you know it’s been tried and tested by hundreds of women.
4- Very Easy to Apply
In General most glow in the dark polishes are pretty easy to apply and Vrenmol is no exception. But you will need a UV Led Lamp to apply them.
For UV Lamps you need to let it cure for 2 minutes and if you use a Led Light for 1 minute.
I found a short video on how to apply Vrenmol glow in the dark gel polishes, you can check it out below.
Cons of Vrenmol
1- Needs a UV Lamp or Led light
Vrenmol Glow in the Dark Polishes are gel polishes and like all gel polishes, you would need either a UV lamp or Led lamp to make them dry and cure.
So you would need to have a UV Lamp to apply them. But thankfully UV lamps are pretty affordable, you can click here to see the price for a really good one on Amazon.
Gel polishes, in my opinion, are worth the extra effort, they are much stronger and they have a nice glossy look to them.
Where To Buy Vrenmol Glow in the Dark Polishes
2- Saviland Glow In The Dark Polygel
If you are looking to do nail extensions that glow in the dark I highly recommend using a glow-in-the-dark polygel.
Now, Saviland has one of the best glow in the dark polygel kits on the market.
They are Natural Glow in the Dark Polygel meaning they would light up in the dark without the need for a black light.
Pros of Saviland Glow in the Dark Polygel Kit
- Long-Lasting– Polygel are more durable than gel polishes, they can Last 3-4 weeks.
- Best method to make nail extension that can glow in the dark.
- Looks Great both during the Night and Day
- Good Variety of Colors to Choose from.
Cons of ULG Polish
- Requires a UV Lamp or LED Light to apply
- More difficult to apply when compared to a basic gel polish.
You can check out the video below to see how to apply Saviland Glow in the Dark Polygel.
Where to Get Saviland Glow in the Dark Polygel
You can get a Saviland Glow in the Dark Polygel Kit on Amazon. You can click here to see the current price for it.
This kit comes with everything that you need to work with Polygel.
3- Splashes & Spills Uv Glow Nail Polish
Splashes & Spill Glow Nail Polishes are a Black Light Nail Polish.
Meaning they would only glow under a Black Light or UV Light such as those found in Clubs and Discos.
Advantages of Splash and Spills
- The great thing about these polishes is that they are normal polishes, not Gel polishes
- So you won’t need any UV Lamp or Led light to cure or dry.
- They Glow extremely bright under a black light.
- Easy to Apply, in my experience, you just need two coats for them to really shine.
Cons of Splash and Spill
- The main problem with these polishes is that you would need a black light for them to glow.
- Under natural conditions, they won’t glow.
- Limited Color Choices: Only have 6 colors available.
Who Should Get Splash and Spill
- Are Great For Novelty Events or Activities, think of a girl’s sleepover or a kids’ party.
- Imagine a party where everyone has to make designs and then reveal it under a black light.
- Ideal for Clubbing Most clubs has a UV light shining.
- If you are wearing one of these polishes under a club’s light they can really pop out.
Where to Get Splashes and Spills Polish
You can buy them on Amazon click to see the current price of a Six 13 ml pack.
Also, you can click to see the price of a really affordable black light on Amazon They are ideal for parties.
4- Three Cheers Glow in the Dark Polishes
Three Cheers are a great affordable Glow in the Dark polishes. They are regular polishes, not a gel type, so you won’t need a UV Lamp to apply them.
Now because they are very affordable and don’t require the use of a UV Led Nail Lamp makes them ideal for kids or if you don’t have or want to use a nail lamp.
But its important to note that Three Cheers Nail Polishes don’t look so bright when compared to glow in the dark gel polishes.
Where to Get Three Cheers Glow in the Dark Nail Polishes
You can get Three Cheer Glow in the Dark Nail Polishes on Amazon, You can click here to see the current price for combo set.
5- Big T Ranch Top Coat Glow in the Dark Nail Polish
Big T Ranch, in my opinion, have some of best glow in the dark top coats.
Big T topcoats can be used with any of your favorite nail art or polishes and they will make your nails light up in the dark giving them an iridescent look.
The look of your nails will depend on the main polish that you use if you use a glittery, grainy base polish it will have a glittery glow.
Now if you use a smooth polish as a base coat the nails will have a smooth glow.
Big T Ranch Top Coats are natural glow polishes meaning they would glow in the dark without the need for a black light.
Like all Natural Glow Polishes, the Big T needs to be exposed to sunlight to charge up before they can glow in the dark.
Advantages of Big T Ranch Top Coat
- Won’t require any UV Lamp or Led light to harden or cure, they are just a normal polish.
- Doesn’t need a black light to glow will light up naturally in the dark
- Will help your normal polish or nail art last longer, they do so by adding an extra layer of protection.
Cons of Big T Ranch Top Coat
- Expensive – They are the most expensive glow in the dark polishes
- The high price is because these polishes are homemade, they have no big factory with economies of scale.
- Lack of Variety of Colors Big T Ranch only has a limited number of colors out.
- Big T Ranch is a top coat so they work best in tandem with other regular polish.
Where to Buy Big T Ranch
Amazon usually has them in 15 ml bottles, gonna leave links below, you can click to see the current price.
Aqua Blue – Big T Ranch Glow in the Dark Top Coat
Types Of Glow in The Dark Nail Polish
You see there are two types of Glow in the Dark Polishes;
1- Black Light Or UV Nail Polish
Black Light Polishes would only light up when a Black Light or UV Light is shined on them.
2- Natural Glow Nail Polish
Natural Glow in the Dark Polishes can glow without an active source of UV Light and would light up in the dark.
These Polishes work by storing energy from UV light from a natural source or a UV lamp and releasing it as light in the dark. Citation.
Just remember you would need to charge them up either in the Sun or in a Bright light before they glow in the dark. Citation.
Are Glow in the Dark Nail Polishes Safe?
Glow in the Dark Nail Polishes are as safe as any other nail polishes available.
This act means that all polishes including Glow in the Dark Polishes need to be tested for any possible health risks before being sold.
Now, of course, there can be rare outlying variations such as allergies and occasional rare bad batches that may pose a health risk.
All products come with this inherent risk.
All glow in the dark polishes and nail polishes, in general, are not meant to be consumed and should be kept out of reach of kids.
Why Do People Think Glow in The Dark Items Are Unsafe?
This misconception comes from the fact that the old method of making glow-in-the-dark products was the use of radioactive materials such as radium and tritium.
These materials naturally radiated light in the dark allowing it to glow but they also emitted dangerous radiation and because of this radioactive materials are inherently dangerous. Citation.
Now today the main ingredient used to make glow-in-the-dark products is Phosphors, which doesn’t have any of the harmful effects of previous radioactive materials. Citation.
Phosphors work by absorbing light to charge up and when they are in the dark they slowly release visible light giving you the glow in the dark effect.
If you are looking for more unique nail polishes I highly recommend color-changing nail polishes and holographic nail polishes. They are just as amazing and unique like glow in the dark nail polishes.