Press on Nails allow you to quickly create brilliant manicures that are super affordable. But did you know that they can also be reused?
Yes, most brands of Press on Nails can easily be removed and then reused, yet still, look as if they were brand new.
But they are certain things that you need to do so that you can properly and safely reuse them.
So in this article, I am gonna guide you step by step with some tips on how to correctly reuse your Press on Nails.
1- Remove Your Press on Nail Correctly
The key to reusing your press on nails is to safely remove them from your nails without damaging them.
And to do so you need to avoid using:
- Any harsh chemicals such as acetone which can dissolve the press on nails
- And avoid using too much force to pull them off which can cause the press on nails to break.
How to Remove Press on Nails For Reuse
- Firstly, mix together a small amount of body wash and oil with warm water.
- Any kind of oil would work such as body oil, cuticle oil, hair oil, or even olive oil. And if you don’t have body wash you can also use hand soap as well
- Next soak your nails completely for around 10-15 minutes inside the mixture.
- Then slowly try the pry the press on nails off your nails I recommend gently wriggling them side to side.
I found a short video to guide you through, you can check it out below. Now she doesn’t add any oil but I highly recommend using some in the mixture.
This is because the oil helps make the press on nails more flexible, preventing them from breaking easily.
Video of How to Remove Press on Nails to Be Reused
Can you reuse Press on Nails with Glue
Yes, you can reuse press on nails that were applied using nail glue. You just need to soak your press on nails for long enough in a mixture of water, soap, and oil for the glue to weaken enough to be removed.
And, also you need to scrape off the nail glue under the press on nails before reapplying them.
Related Article: 4 Reasons Why you should Not use Super Glue on Fake Nails
How many times can you reuse Press on Nails
Most Press on Nails can be reused 3-4 times. This will vary depending on:
- How durable the press-on nails are
- The type of adhesive used – nail tabs will allow for more reusing since they are easier to remove
- How well and gently you remove the press on nails
Related Article: Press on Nails Vs Acrylic: Differences & Which is Better
2- Use a Mild Adhesive
A great tip to make the removal process easier is that you can use a weaker glue or adhesive when applying your press on nails.
Nail Tabs are a great option if you are looking to reuse your press on nails. This is because they aren’t as strong and durable as conventional glues which makes removing them very easy. Plus they aren’t as harsh to your natural nails as nail glue.
Now the drawback with using nail tabs is that they won’t last very long and they are more prone to popping off.
I used them once and from my experience they lasted for a day before starting to lift. I recommend them only if you just plan to wear your press on nails for a short period of time like a day.
But if you want your nails to be able to handle stress and strain you should avoid them and stick to more high-quality nail glue.
Also, consider checking out my article on The 4 Best Nail Glue Alternatives that are Safe & Yet Strong
3- Invest in Good Quality Press on Nails
High-quality premium press on nails tend to be more durable which means that they can still retain their color and appearance for a longer period of time. This allows them to be reused and yet still look brand new.
I highly recommend using Kiss Press on Nails. These press on nails not only look good but are also very easy to apply and are super durable.
Another good place where you can get a wide variety of high-quality press on nails is Etsy. But ensure that you read the reviews of each seller before buying.
Related Article – Do Press on Nails Damage Nails & Tips to Make Them Safer
4- Remove the Dried Up Glue from the Press on Nails
Now it’s important that when you remove the press on nails you take off any glue stuck under the press on nails.
Residual hardened glue will make reapplying the press on nails more difficult since it would prevent the fresh glue from adhering properly.
How to Clean Glue off Press on Nails for Reuse
- First, soak a cotton pad with rubbing alcohol and then wipe under the Press on Nails.
- And leave the alcohol to soak for 30 seconds this will help to soften the glue.
- Then use a sharp instrument the gently scrape off the nail glue.
- Finally, clean the press-on nails by wiping them down with rubbing alcohol – this will help disinfect the press on nails to make them safe for reuse.