Dip Powder creates amazing manicures that are extremely durable and easy to apply. But by itself, Dip Powder can’t be used to make or build out a nail extension.
So in this article, I am gonna share with you 3 easy methods you can use to make Dip Powder Nail Extensions.
The 3 Best and Easiest ways to do Dip Powder Nail Extensions are:
- Using Glue on Nail Tips – (Easiest & Quickest Method)
- Using Polygel to Build out the Nail Extensions (Very Durable yet Easy to Do)
- Using Paper Nail Forms
1- How to Use Nail Tips to Make Dip Powder Nail Extensions
Nail Tips are the quickest and easiest way to make nail extensions using Dip Powder.
They are two stages that you need to do:
1- How to Apply Your Nail Tips:
- Firstly, you need to prep your nails – to do so you need to push back your cuticles, and then gently file your nails to get the sheen off.
- Next, clean your nails off with rubbing alcohol and then paste your nail tips on using nail glue.
- Then you can proceed to cut and file your nail tips to the length and shape that you want.
- Additionally, I recommend that you buff the surface of the nail tips
- And pay special attention the part where the tips are glued onto the natural nails.
- This is to blend the tips with the natural nails and prevent that part from bulking up.
- Finally, you can clean your nails with rubbing alcohol and then you can start applying your Dip Powder
How to Apply Your Dip Powder
- Firstly, apply your dehydrator and nail primer to your natural nails.
- Next, apply your base and then dip your nails into the dip powder as you usually do.
- Apply as many coats of dip powder until you are satisfied with the opacity.
- Next, apply a coat of the dip activator and then buff your entire nails to smooth it out.
- Finally, apply a top coat and then some cuticle oil to moisturize your nails.
Video of How to Do Dip Powder Nail Extensions
Recommended Dip Powder Kit
For extra durable and long-lasting Dip Powder Nails I recommend using Kiara Sky Dip Powder.
You can click here to see the price for their combo set on Amazon. This comes with everything you will need to do Dip Powder Nails.
They are a bit pricey, but in my opinion, they are worth paying a few extra dollars.
2- How to Use Polygel With Dip Powder
Polygel is one of the easiest ways to make extremely long-lasting and durable nail extensions.
And thankfully you can build out your nail with Polygel and then apply your Dip Powder over this extension.
- Firstly prep your nails by pushing back your cuticles and then filing off the sheen from your nails.
- Next, make your extension using Polygel, you can use any method you like from paper form, nail tips, or plastic nail forms.
- Gonna leave a video down below to guide you through how to make a Polygel nail extension using Plastic Forms.
- Once you have made your extension you will need to buff the extension to roughen up the surface.
- Then finally you can apply your Dip Powder like you would usually do.
Polygel will give you really nice and very strong nail extensions which in my opinion is stronger than if you use nail tips.
The only drawback with using Polygel is that it requires a UV Led Lamp and depending on the method you use it will take a bit longer to apply compared to using nail tips.
Video Showing How to Apply Polygel Nails
Recommended Polygel Kit For Beginners
If you are new to Polygel I highly recommend investing in a Polygel Nail Kit. It comes with everything that you need to do Polygel Nail Extensions.
3- How to DIY Dip Powder Extensions Without PolyGel or Nail Tips
There are two other methods that you can use to make a Dip Powder Nail Extension; either using a paper nail form to build your Dip Powder out on or a piece of tea bag.
I have never used either one of these methods so I can’t guarantee how effective and how strong they are, so proceed at your own risk.
Instead, I found two great videos below that will guide you on how to do apply these two methods.