Polygel is a relatively new product in the nail industry and because of this, they aren’t many colors, designs, and guides available.
So in this article, I am gonna share with you some tips and tricks to make working with Polygel easier and to make them look more amazing.
6 Tips & Tricks to Design Polygel Nails
1- Use Nail Polishes on Polygel Nails
One of the best and easiest ways to design and add variety to your Polygel Nails is to paint and design them with nail polish.
Now you can use either gel nail polish or regular nail polish, but I recommend using gel nail polish.
You see gel nail polish is super durable it’s almost as strong as the Polygel. This means the gel polish will last almost as long as the Polygel.
This is because the formula for gel polish and Polygel are very similar so they bond and hold better together in comparison to regular nail polish.
How to Paint Nail Polish on Polygel Nails
- The first thing that you are gonna need to do is prep your nails and then apply and cure your Polygel.
- You can apply it using any method that you like, from using nail tips, nail forms or if you dont want extension just directly onto your nails
- Now if you are planning to paint over your polygel nails I recommend using a transparent polygel or either a white or very light colored Polygel.
- This allows the color of the polish to show better.
- Now once your Polygel nails are cured, you will need to buff them using a medium grit nail file – this allows your polish adhere better.
- Then, you can apply your nail polish and let it dry but if it is a gel polish you will need to as cure it using a UV Led Lamp
- Finally apply a good gel top coat.
Video of How to Apply Nail Polish to Polygel
Recommended Gel Polishes and Polygel
Beetles is one of the best and most popular brands of gel polishes. They have a wide array of high-quality and affordable gel polishes, you can click here to see the current price for a combo set on Amazon.
For Polygel I have two recommendations:
If you are looking for a complete combo kit that comes with everything to do Polygel you can get the Morovan Polygel Kit.
But if you just want a good Polygel to paint your nail polish on I recommend Gelish Clear Polygel. They are a bit more expensive but they are extremely durable and easy to work with which is why they are the brand that most nail techs use.
2- Use Nail Stamping
Nail Stamping is a great way to add amazingly intricate designs to your Polygel Nails.
I have an entire article that would walk you through step by step how to get started with Nail Stamping, you can click here to read it.
3- Use Nail Stickers
One of the easiest and quickest ways to design your Polygel Nails is to apply nail stickers on them.
Nail stickers are specially made tiny stickers usually made of vinyl that you can peel off and paste on your nails.
4- Make Your Polygel Nails More Durable
I have an entire article where I share 6 tips to make your Polygel Nails last longer and prevent them from lifting, you can click here to read it.
5- Use Dual Forms
Using Polygel with Dual Forms is one of the easiest and quickest methods to make nail extensions. You can check out the video below to see how to use Dual Forms.
6- Use the two Bead Method When Applying Polygel
If you are working with Nail Tips I recommend that when you are applying the Polygel you use the two beads method.
This method is easier to do and creates a nice apex that gives your nails a naturally curved look and makes them more durable.
- Firstly, you apply one bead to the fake nail tips which you then spread out to cover just the tips.
- And then you cure that section with a UV Led lamp
- Next, you apply a second bead to the natural nails.
- Now use the second bead to cover the natural nails and blend it in with the nail tips.
- For more detail you can see how its done in the video below.
Other Polygel Related Articles